- “Check Us Out” Worship Ministry Rehearsal – Wednesday, August 4, 2021 from 6:15 – 7:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. Childcare is provided by the ongoing Preschool and/or Children’s Ministry planned activities for Wednesday nights during that same time. Come, check it out and then attend the Cook Out the following Saturday. Then, make. your decision about whether or not to be a part of the Worship Ministry of WHBC.
- Worship Ministry Kick-Off Cook Out – Saturday, August 7, 2021 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Pavilion #3 at City Park (Stafford Park) in Pontotoc.
- Our next Night of Worship Event: Sunday Night, October 3, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m. See gallery below of our Spring Night of Worship on April 18, 2021.
You need to be connected to the WHBC Planning Center account! How to get Planning Center:
– If you never had an account with Planning Center: Text me your email (662) 871-5115 (please include your name) and I’ll send you a start up email from our WHBC Planning Center account. The email will have all the instructions you need to set up your profile, log in info, etc. Then download the app for your iphone or android phone. (Apple app link, Google Play app link) It’s the easiest way to interact with Planning Center. Here’s a link to a video I created that will help you navigate the app: click here.. It’s free. I can send you a link via text if you like.
– If you have had a Planning Center account but forgot your log in info: Text me (662) 871-5115 that you need a password reset and I’ll send it via email in Planning Center so you can log in and get going. Then download the app for your iphone or android phone by going to your app store. It’s free. I can send you a link via text if you like.
– If you have a Planning Center account and are using it: Great! Make sure you have the app for your phone. Download the app for your iphone or android phone by going to your app store. It’s free. I can send you a link via text if you like.
After you get set up on Planning Center, start browsing and listening ahead of time to the music that is coming on Sundays. Familiarize yourself with the app and how to listen to songs. Again, you’ll have our music library at your fingertips! Thanks in advance for being a part of the WHBC Worship Ministry!
Why do we sing? Why do we make music?
- We sing to bring glory to God. Psalm 135:3 reads, “Praise the Lord; for the Lord is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.” We don sing because of what God has done for us; we sing because of who He is. He deserves our praise because of who He is. The music we make is an outward expression of what is in our hearts.
- We sing to help fellow Christians. Colossians 3:16 reads, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” The truths that are found within the songs we sing stay with us as we live life away from the church building. They can bring us comfort in trouble, guide us during temptation, and remind us of God’s promises to name only a few. It also links us together and promotes unity in within the local church.
- We sing to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to those who need to hear it. Psalm 40:3 reads, “And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.” God has given us Hope through the gift of His Son, Jesus. We are adopted children of God’s kingdom and His ambassadors here on earth. We sing to boldly proclaim this and to invite others to know Him as we do.
There are several ways we try to accomplish these three things:
Through Congregational Singing – We meet at 8:30 and 11:00 on Sunday mornings and 6:00 on Sunday evenings. Everyone likes to worship in different ways, so we try to offer a little something for everyone. But, always remember that singing praises is not about our preferences; it’s about glorifying God.
Through Choirs, Ensembles, and Solos – We have multiple musical groups at West Heights that lead in worship. From youngest to not the youngest they are:
1) Preschool Choir – For children 4 years old by Oct through those in Kindergarten. They meet on Sunday Evenings as part of our KidROC program.
2) KidROC Choir – For Children in 1st through 6th grade. They meet on Sunday Evenings as part of our KidROC program. The KidROC Choir leads in worship by joining with our Worship Choir once a month during our Sunday Morning Services.
3) The Heights Student Praise Band – The Heights Student Ministry is interested in developing the talents of our young people. If a student in 7th-12th grade is interested in learning an instrument for the Student Praise Band or singing in the Student Praise Band, contact John Mark.
4) Orchestra – For anyone that plays an instrument. This group is open for anyone who is, or was, a part of a school band or takes private lessons. The goal for the orchestra is to play every Sunday in both morning services. Rehearsal time will coincide with Worship Choir Rehearsal from 6:15-7:30 pm on Wedneday nights.
5) Worship Choir – This group will begin meeting again in January 2021 on Wednesdays from 6:15-7:30 pm in the Choir Room located upstairs behind the sanctuary. This group leads in worship every Sunday morning. Contact Craig for more information.
Through Serving on the Media Team – We have a dedicated group of volunteers that aid our worship each week by serving on the media team. We are always happy to train and add more so that no one is overcommitted. If you are interested in joining this group, contact Craig.
Through Special Services during Holiday Seasons – Easter and Christmas are important times in the church as we remember and celebrate what God did for us through Jesus, His Son. Here at West Heights, we show this through special programs and musicals.
Though this is the “Music Ministry” part of the website, worship is not limited to just music. There are many ways we can glorify God. If God has given you a gift that you want to share, or if you have an idea for a new worship ministry that you would like to see begun here at West Heights, then contact Craig or one of our other staff members.
Night of Worship – April 18, 2021.
Photo Gallery from Spring NOW, 2021